Are you ready to uncover the profound implications of your new identity and new life in Christ? In this message, I challenge some long-held traditions and address thought-provoking questions that will shed light on your true identity in Christ. Get ready to explore:
- how the resurrection shapes your righteousness
- why you should reject the false “die to self” theology
- the difference between a new heart versus mind renewal
- why “self” is not a dirty word for the Christian
Discover the freedom, joy, and confidence that comes from understanding the life-changing power of your new identity in Christ!
Discussion Questions for “101 Bible Questions” – New Identity, New Life:
- Why is the resurrection of Jesus essential to our new identity?
- Read Romans 4:25 and Galatians 3:21 and react to this truth: Jesus was raised to make you righteous, and you have an imparted-life righteousness.
- Read Colossians 3:3-4. What does “Christ is our life” mean to you?
- Why is it so important to reject the “die to self” theology? What should we believe instead?
- Read Romans 6:17. What does this say about your heart? Why is this a big deal?
- Read Romans 12:2 and react to this statement: You need renewing of the mind, not the heart.
- Read John 3:30. What is John the Baptist really talking about? Are you in God’s way?
- React to this statement: Self is not a dirty word for the Christian, because you’re the new self.