In this exciting new series called “Liberated: From Law to Love,” we dive into the powerful and controversial book of Galatians. It’s all about understanding how we’ve been set free from the Law and embraced by God’s love. We’ll explore the “true north” of the Gospel and how the Holy Spirit guides us in our daily lives.
In this first message, Paul shares his “certificate of authenticity” with us, showing he received the Gospel directly from God. Here, we’ll also learn about the incredible transformation in Paul’s own life, from persecuting Christians to boldly proclaiming the truth.
Join me as we uncover the liberating power of God’s love and how it can transform your life. You won’t want to miss it!
Discussion Questions – Galatians 1:
- Why do you think Paul defends his apostleship right from the start of Galatians?
- How are we now “rescued from this present evil age” (verse 4)?
- Considering verses 6-7, why is Paul writing the letter to the Galatians?
- How is the church today like the church in Galatia? How can we ensure we’re believing and sharing the true gospel?
- How does Paul’s personal testimony in verses 13-24 serve as evidence for the truth of the message he preached?
- Paul went from persecuting the church to preaching the gospel. How does this dramatic transformation speak to the power of God’s grace?
- How does Galatians 1 set the stage for understanding the difference between Law and Grace?