We’re now embarking on a profound journey together—a new series, “The Power of Oneness: Savoring Your Union with Jesus Christ.”
The first message in this transformative series, focusing on John 15, dives deep into the essence of our oneness with Christ. We’ll ponder questions like, “Does the Father really cut off branches in Christ that aren’t bearing fruit?” This question invites us to explore the nature of God as our caring vinedresser. And here’s another: “How are the disciples ‘already clean’ if the cross hasn’t happened yet?” This question might challenge your current understanding of forgiveness.
This message also invites you to unravel the true and confidence-inspiring meaning of “abide in Me,” and how it contrasts with the phrase “apart from Me.” This exploration will be a stepping-stone towards understanding your inseparable union with Jesus Christ.
I look forward to sharing this journey with you. And feel free to share this message with friends or family who you think might be encouraged by it. Let’s spread God’s unending love and our union with Christ as far as we can!
Discussion Questions for John 15:
- What does the Father do with branches in Christ that aren’t bearing fruit? What does this say about Him?
- How are the disciples “already clean” if the cross hasn’t happened yet?
- What does “abide in Me” really mean? Is it about daily trying to trust Him, or is it evangelistic? How do we know?
- Why is “abide in Me” contrasted with “apart from Me”? Are believers ever “apart from” Him? Why or why not?
- What happens to any branch that is not in Christ? How do we know this refers to an unbeliever?
- How does “ask whatever you wish” balance with “if My words abide in you”?
- Do you live in God’s love? Do you always think and act that way?
- How does authentic joy occur in our lives? What inspires it?