“Here’s how you can get closer to God…”
We hear this all the time, but this well-intentioned sales pitch assumes we aren’t close to God right now. It assumes there’s work yet to be done to get us closer.
But what if you’re united with Christ and as close to God as you can possibly be here and now? What if the closeness you’ve been seeking is absolutely free, because it cost Jesus everything?
You may have been told your entire Christian life that you need to hunger and thirst for closeness to God. But in this message, I demonstrate how knowing what happened to you at salvation can transform your entire outlook on closeness with God.
Get ready to be boosted into a remarkable new confidence that comes from knowing your perfect and unbreakable union with Jesus.
- How does Andrew’s example of the corpse on the roadside help clarify our original condition?
- What is the definition of “eternal” and why does it matter?
- Why did Andrew mention Michael Phelps? Did it give you a vivid picture of the life given to you?
- React to this statement: We should hunger and thirst for more of God. Is this true or false? Discuss.
- The secret formula for Coca Cola was eventually revealed. How does this relate to the Gospel?
- According to Andrew’s analogy, how is behavior like clothing?