The cross is the true dividing line of human history. Through His death, Jesus ushered in a new and liberating way of grace. The old way of the Law is now obsolete, and we believers have died to the Law.
This means we are free, and God wants us to know the freedom He purchased for us through Christ. In this final part of the series, “God Says,” I argue passionately for our freedom from rule-based religion and explain why it’s so important that we stand firm in God’s grace.
- In your own words, what is the New Covenant? How specifically is it better than the Old Covenant?
- In what ways does the Sermon on the Mount expose the true standard of the Law?
- How does the paperwork (passport) of Jesus play into the debate over Law and grace?
- Why do you think so many people look at the Ten Commandments as an exception to our freedom from the Law?
- How does an atmosphere of grace inspire the believer to live uprightly?