You will never be deader to sin than you are right now.
Let that sink in. That’s the radical, powerful message Romans 6 has to offer you. Jesus died to sin “once for all,” and He took you with Him into His death, burial, and resurrection. Now, you’re alive to God, and you can afford to be under His grace. Why? Because you don’t really desire to sin any longer!
There’s nothing better than the liberating atmosphere of God’s grace to help you realize what you really want. Check out this message to learn why!
Discussion Questions for Romans 6:1-14:
- In your own words, explain what it means to have “died to sin.”
- Does “baptized” here refer to water? If not, then what?
- Why is it important to recognize you were not “left in the tomb”?
- Explain verse 7 and how it brings real hope right now.
- Why did Jesus die to sin “once for all”? What does this mean for you?
- What does being “alive to God” mean to you personally?
- How is recognizing the power of sin as a “parasite” a game changer?
- React to this statement: Sin won’t master you, because you’re under grace.